Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Batboat Rebuild: August 14th Sanding and More Painting

I spend another day sanding.

The primer was used as filler. When long block sanding the surface becomes more smoother than before. Probably 90% or more of the first coat of primer was removed.

The gray areas are high spots, the white low spots. Above you can see one of the holes I filled.

I stopped to grab my black spray paint can. This helps in finding low areas, also. Once all the black is sanded off you are left with a very smooth surface.




Here is the black guide coat.

Almost gone.


Totally gone.

The 2nd coat of primer was rolled on afterward.

With the tools I have this is the smoothest surface I'll ever get. But still, I sanded after the two coats to follow. More on that later.

No comments: