Monday, August 3, 2009

Batboat Rebuild: Day 37 July 25th, 2009

The transom and bow deck section undersides were fiberglassed with 1.5 oz chopped strand mat. The middle ply had some problems that needed to be fixed first.

The bottom sides are waterproofed very well.


BEFORE

AFTER
The middle section didn't get glassed today. It still had a few knots and the accidents I had with the table saw the week before. All were filled in with peanut butter (wood flower mixed with activated polyester resin). I feared I mixed it too dry but it all turned out okay.

BEFORE

AFTER

I got together a few scraps of 1708 biaxial fiberglass and glassed in the tip of the stringer to the right (starboard). I am totally out of 1708 at this point!

The weather has been great so far. Maybe a little too good. Because of the heat and dehydration I've had to start taking a day off after working on the Batboat to recover. Now I know why all those guys at the iboats forums drink a lot of beer! lol!

No comments: