Friday, October 9, 2009

Batboat Rebuild: Day 47 September 7th, 2009

Moved into the new house now. Feel more calm and much more rested. No more muscle spasms. No more nuisance. lol!
There was exactly 40 oz left of resin in the can and it was exactly enough to finish glassing in the last two and a half feet of deck under the bow. Everything turned out perfect!

I finished up the bilge by grinding off the excess 6 oz hexal. With what little mixed resin I had left in the bucket was used to glass on small strips of 1.5 along the edge of the bowl to fix rough spots left from grinding.

The hard parts of rebuilding my Batboat are finally over.

Looking over what was accomplished I placed some of the old Glastron sport details back in the Batboat get an idea on what can be done next.

The dash and foot stop will have to be moved back one foot and the splash well needs to be fixed. I can't wait to get started.

The above shows a large fragment of the original blue deck covering, stamped "1969" on the back, laying next to gray "Deco-Dot" vinyl flooring made by Nautolex.

As of earlier this year, the blue Deco-Dot I wanted was no longer made and unavailable. Instead, I'll be using vinyl looking very close to the boat's original as mentioned a few blogs back, which is also no longer made but I got some days ago. ;)

The area behind the strip of wood will be painted with bilge paint tinted blue. Can't use vinyl because the gas cans go back there and the vinyl will get wrecked.

No comments: