Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This is why you'll need a garage to work on the Batboat.


Work will begin again on the Batboat this week.

I came back from Michigan Lumber in Flint this afternoon with three cut sheets of 1/4 inch 8' x 4' douglass fur exterior grade for the deck and one full sheet of 3/4 inch 8' x 4' marine grade douglass fur plywood for the stringers and transom. All of this heavy wood was on my porch but it is suppose to rain and there is no other place to keep it so it sits in the kitchen and back room.

This stuff isn't suppose to get wet.

My home is now overtaken by plywood but it won't be for long, hopefully. Tomorrow it rains but Friday maybe I can start cutting this.

If you want to make your own Batboat take in consideration where you will need to store tools and lumber.

In my case there is an upside to not being married!

No comments: