Friday, February 15, 2008

Cool Picture Of The Week - Novi May 21, 2006

(click the image for a larger size)
This weeks Cool Picture Of The Week is a photo of my Batboat before I bought it. Its hitched to the Batmobile at the Motor City Comic Convention, held at the Rock Financial Showplace in Novi, MI, May 19-21, 2006.

This convention is a big one that still has people talking. It emphasized the 40th anniversary of the TV show.

Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, and Yvonne Craig were there for everyone to meet, get autographs and photos ops. A rare instance to have all of them in the same place, I understand.

Yvonne had announced her retirement and this was her last convention appearance.

Among the last things she did was autograph the rear boat fin.

I stopped reading comic books years ago and never been to one of these conventions, however, I was disappointed when I found about this event too late to make plans.

No comments: