Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Yet another unexpected eBay steal!

Two weeks ago I won a set of two rub rail end-caps on eBay (pictured above, to the left and center). Only one was found remaining on the Batboat when I got it and it was broke. (pictured above to the right)

Except for that one cleat resting in Davy Jone's locker somewhere at the Zilwaukee boat launch, these decades old stock parts are the only fixtures missing from the 1969 Glastron V-145 Batboat.

Sadly, despite being used on a variety of different boats 35 to 40+ years ago, they are still rare and hard to find.

Over the summer someone at the forums offered me a pair for $25 each. However, I fortunately won these on eBay for $5 plus $4.95 shipping.


The aluminum caps are made to cover the ends of the rub rail at each side of the stern and have a lip to cover the ends of yet another stylish metal piece mounted along the top of the transom.

I thought it was going to be tough to find replacements reasonably priced. The seller almost gave them away to me, considering.

I lucked out!

No comments: