On October 14th I was satisfied enough with the cure of the paint that I put the deck back on for the winter. Did it myself with little effort.
Days before, I did a little fiberglass work inside it. Mostly small patches and laminated over filler I caulked in the bow the year before.
As soon as June arrives I will begin to finish this Batboat. There is not much left to do now. The rest is probably easy compared to what I did this year.
Starting to look like a real boat now! :)
I still have to do a lot of sanding and repairs to the splashwell.
Below is somewhat how I hope my boat will look like when done. Its a different hull but I can pull it off.
I did unusually well financially in September so I ordered a Kodak Zi8 camera. It takes good, basic megapixel photos and HD video. Below are my first pix of the boat.
When I order a high speed SD card I can take videos lasting more than 10 seconds. Here is my first video.
Perhaps a few future updates will be videos.
Roderick Mead - St. Michael and the Dragon, 1939
2 weeks ago